Councillor -You are summoned to an Ordinary Meeting of Sutton St. Nicholas Parish Council, which will be held in Room 2 the Village Hall, Sutton St. Nicholas on Monday 5th March 2018 to commence at 7.15 pm.
1. Apologies for Absence
To receive and approve apologies for absence.
2. Receive approve and sign the Minutes of the Ordinary Meeting of the Parish Council (no SPC/TF/119) held on Monday 5th February 2018.
3. Receive approve and sign the Minutes of the Extraordinary Meeting of the Parish Council (no SPC/TF/120) held on Monday 19th February 2018.
4. Disclosable Pecuniary Interest Dispensations
To consider any written request for dispensation.
5. Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of interest by members in respect of items on the agenda.
6. Report from Clerk on actions from the last meeting
7. Questions/Issues on any matter, from members of the public present.
7.1 Ward Councillors Report
To receive a brief verbal report from the Ward Councillor
7.2 Local Police Report
To receive a report from the local police.
7.3 Questions from other members of the public
To receive questions from the public.
8. Sutton Playing Field – Youth Facilities
To receive an update on progress.
9. No Cold Calling Zone
To consider correspondence from the police and agree the way forward.
10. River Lugg Internal Drainage Board
To consider and comment on the revised byelaws.
11. Golden Cross Junction
To receive an update from the Clerk
To receive an update from the Clerk
13. Financial Report
13.1 Confirmation of Balances
13.3 Invoices for payments
- Ref Payee Amount £ VAT
- 1 Mike Darley 60.00 n/a 28/02/18 (334) & (336) P3 work & bin clearance.
- 2 R. A. Ford 372.12 n/a 5/03/18 Clerks Salary
- 3 HALC 609.45 101.57 27/02/18 (H191) Membership Subscription 2018/19
- (note 2 free Councillor training places)
- 4 R. A. Ford 14.29 2.16 16/02/18 USB Cable £12.99 28/02/18 Postage £1.30
- 5 Border Office Supplies 84.66 14.11 28/02/18 (SINV00123853) Paper & Ink Cartridges
14. Internal Audit
To reappoint Cole and Co as the Parish Councils Internal Auditors
15. Down Hatherley Parish Council
To consider a request to support a petition to halt building developments on flood plains.
16. Footpath Works
To consider and approve the Footpaths Officer rates for 2018/19
17. Lengthsman 2018/19
To consider and approve the Lengthsman rates for 2018/19
18. Speed Indicator Device (SID)
To receive an update regarding the shared Speed Indicator Device.
19. Correspondence (Not covered by a separate agenda item and for information only).
19.1 – Balfour Beatty- Weobley Sutton Walls 02/02/18
19.2 – Balfour Beatty- Weobley Sutton Walls 09/02/18
19.3 – Balfour Beatty- Weobley Sutton Walls 16/02/18
19.4 – Balfour Beatty – Weobley Sutton Walls 23/02/18
19.5 – Balfour Beatty – Invite to Parish Briefing on 22/02/18
20. Matters relayed to the Clerk for the Agenda of the next meeting
21. Speed Indicator Device (SID)
To receive an update regarding the share Speed Indicator Device
22. Confirmation of the date, time and venue of the next meeting, Parish Council Monday 5th March at 7.15 pm in Room 2 at the Village Hall
23. Grass Cutting 2018/19
To consider grass cutting quotations received
Date posted 28th February 2018 T. Ford… Parish Clerk
THE PUBLIC AND PRESS ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO BE PRESENT
The Parish Council meets on the first Monday of each month in the committee room in the Village Hall. All of the meetings are open to the public to attend.
In addition to our regular monthly meetings which start at 7.15pm and usually conclude around 9.30pm, we also organise Village Meetings where attendees are encouraged to provide input and feedback.
The Parish Council has 7 members all of whom live in the village, see contact details below. Our Ward Councillor attends all meetings and our local police officer attends when duties permit.
The main points of discussion are covered in articles printed in the Sutton News, our village magazine.
The village set up a charity to pay for a village hall in 1934, and in 2008 it was finally built as a joint project with the School. The Village Hall is run by the Village Hall Charity and provides the community with a great facility that hosts a range of activities such as health and fitness, children’s parties and social events.
the Village Hall, which was finally built as a joint project with the village School in 2008. The villagers who set up a charity to pay for a village hall in 1934 would be justifiably happy with the great facilities the community now has.
The facilities host regular events such as keep fit and sequence dancing and children’s parties and social events.
Parish Councillors as at May 2015:
Ronald Gow (Chairman) 01432 880545
Richard Andrews 01432 880224
Ann Burke (Vice- Chairman) 01432 880202
Stan Gyford 01432 880687
Ian Nicholas 01432 880447
Anna Toon 01432 882083
Tony Ford (Parish Clerk) 01432 880673