Sutton St. Nicholas has a brand new Village Hall. The building was completed in the Summer 2008. The Village Hall and community facilities adjoin the School and share the large Main Hall. The Village Hall facilities comprise one large room which can be divided into two medium-sized rooms with an interactive whiteboard, a large kitchen, plus a small meeting room. The large Main Hall has projection facilities. For Village Hall Bookings – please call Ann Burke 01432 880202, see the terms and conditions and booking form at the bottom of this page.
The hall is used for an increasing variety of activities:
- Parish Council and Parochial Church Council meetings
- Childrens’ parties & Weddings Hereford Wheelers Cycling Club for static training
- Keep fit and dancing
- Exercise and nutrition
- Gardeners Club
- WI & Craft Club
- Fun evening functions such as Quiz nights and Talent shows
The Village Hall Charity Fund has raised some £10000 over the past three and a half years and has purchased much equipment for the hall:
- complete crockery, cutlery and glassware to cater for 100 people
- a fridge
- a range cooker
- a dishwasher
- blinds in the two meeting rooms
- folding tables
- additional chairs for use in any room, including the joint-use main hall.
It is the purpose of the Village Hall to be of maximum use to the village, to encourage social and educational activities. To this end the hall charges have been kept extremely reasonable considering the quality of the accommodation. For a village organisation, not engaged in fundraising, there is no charge for Room 2 (the small meeting room) if used for committee meetings only. Remember it’s your Village Hall – please use it !
The Village Hall address is: Bayley Way, Sutton St. Nicholas, Hereford HR1 3SZ
Village Hall Committee Meetings: